SiteGround was founded in 2004 and has its headquarter in Sofia, Bulgaria with offices in 6 locations and data centers in three continents – USA, Europe, and Asia, having more than 400 employees and hosts more than 500,000 domains.
SiteGround is one of the most popular and highest rated hosting provider in the WordPress community and is known for the best 24/7 customer support they provided.
SiteGround features include automatic upgrades, built-in WP caching, CDN, one-click staging, and GIT version control.
SiteGround Web Hosting Overview
24X7 Live Chat
Shared, Cloud, Reseller, Enterprise and Dedicated Servers
Unmetered Bandwidth, 10 GB Storage, Website Builder, 1 Free Email Account.
Starts at $3.95/mo
USA, Europe, Asia
Pros Of Using SiteGround Shared Hosting
1. Super-Fast Servers
All SiteGround servers are highly optimized for speed as they are equipped with the latest hardware like SSD drives and custom software to make sure that your site is super fast. Your website’s content has a huge impact on the page load time.
For example: Each website has hundreds of images, and if you have high-resolution images on a page, it will significantly increase the overall page load time.
The CDN provided with every hosting plan helps in the faster loading of your site. It hosts your images and large files aside from your server so that your site loads faster.
2. Reliability & Performance
Choosing hosting plans according to price is one of the most factors you consider. However, you can not compromise on the performance of your hosting. A faster website will boost your SEO and also improve your user experience.
According to Google, a website delay of only one second can cause a 7% decrease in conversions, 11% fewer page views, and a 16% decrease in customer satisfaction. For a delay of three seconds, a 53% bounce rate is estimated.
3. Knowledgeable Customer Support
I have not seen such a knowledgeable customer support team so far. They are really prompt in listening to you and quick in solving your issues. They instantly respond to your queries and give you the necessary guidance. Mostly, the first contact is enough to solve your problem. They value your time.
Their customer support includes 24/7 phone, live chat, and ticket-based email support. Their phone and live chat response times are almost instant.
4. Official WordPress.org Recommended
SiteGround is recommended by WordPress as one of the best hosting providers along with Bluehost and Dreamhost.
5. Good Security
SiteGround provides good security options by default, including the free SSL certificate for each plan. All plans also include a domain privacy feature that keeps your personal information you used to sign up for a domain private. This prevents hackers from finding and using these personal details for phishing schemes to trick you or others into handing over sensitive information.
6. Easy to Use
SiteGround has one of the easiest and user-friendly interface with their newly customized Site Tool. It also has features for advanced users, however, even a complete beginner won’t get lost in starting a new WordPress site too.
7. 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee
This means you can literally try their hosting service for free because if you are not satisfied, you can ask for a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
Cons Of Using SiteGround Shared Hosting
As you already know, there are some downsides with every hosting company. Here are three disadvantages to choosing SiteGround as your hosting provider.
- Limited Storage: The hosting plans come with fixed storage unlike the unlimited storage offered by some host. However, if you are just starting out, the storage they provided is large enough and you most likely will not need extra storage.
- Setup fee for monthly billing: There is a $14.95 setup fee if you choose monthly billing. But if you sign up for a longer billing period, then you will get a bigger discount and no setup fee.
- High Renewal Price: This is prevalent in the hosting companies. Mostly, all hosting companies charge a much higher price when you renew. Even though, you will be able to get the hosting price for as low as $3.95/mo only, your renewal rate will start at $11.95/mo for a 12 months period.
Renews at $11.95/mo
Renews at $19.95/mo
Renews at $34.95/mo
SiteGround Hosting Plans and Features
SiteGround offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting plans.
Let’s have a look at SiteGround hosting plans and the features.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is recommended for new websites and beginners. It is suitable for low traffic websites as you will be sharing resources with other websites hosted on the server.
- WordPress hosting: This plan is a WordPress optimized version of their shared hosting plan. It comes with SiteGround’s in-house WordPress optimizations to improve the performance of your website.
- Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting is a flexible upgrade to shared hosting. It allows you to use resources of multiple servers on a cloud architecture. It is suitable for growing websites, popular blogs, or businesses.
- Dedicated servers: Dedicated servers give you a complete server for your website. It is more expensive but gives you a lot more power. The downside is that you will have to manage the server yourself.
- Enterprise hosting: This plan is for large businesses and high traffic sites with challenging server requirements.
Breakdown of SiteGround Shared Hosting Plans
SiteGround’s shared hosting is the best way to start a new website. Their shared plans are available in three levels to match different budgets.
- Startup: This plan is limited to hosting one website. It includes 10 GB disk space and is suitable for hosting a website having 10,000 monthly visitors. You’ll also get all essential features like 1-click WordPress to install, free setup, website transfer, daily backups, and more.
- GrowBig: The GrowBig plan lets you host unlimited websites. It comes with 20 GB disk space and is suitable for hosting websites having 25,000 monthly visitors. You’ll get all the features of the Startup plan, plus you’ll get premium features like Super Cacher, 1-year free wildcard SSL, and more.
- GoGeek: GoGeek plan is suitable for small eCommerce websites. It can handle websites having 100,000 monthly visitors. In addition to all GrowBig features, you’ll get access to more advanced features creation, WordPress and Joomla staging, and more.
If you want a fast and reliable web hosting service with great customer support, then SiteGround is the perfect fit for you. They have hosting plans for every budget and each plan comes with a great set of features.
Honestly, the only thing I really find cheeky is the high renewal rates. Otherwise, I have no complaint about SiteGround. I am more than satisfied to use their server.
TIP: Here is How To Renew SiteGround Hosting For 1 Month Only
All their shared hosting plans include SSD storage, easy setup of Let’s Encrypt free SSL and Cloudflare CDN service, 1-click WordPress installer, and free migration.
In fact, of all the hosting providers I used, SiteGround is my first preference and I would highly recommend it to you especially if you are just starting out. I can assure you that you will highly appreciate the customer support too.
Visit the Official SiteGround.com here.
Or if you want to get started here’s How To Set up A WordPress Blog In SiteGround.
If you are looking for one of the most value-for-money hosting providers that you can rely on upon the least technical skill required, then Bluehost might be the best choice.
And here is how you can get Bluehost at a 70% discount for $2.65/month with a free domain of your choice for the first year!
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. For more info, please read my Affiliate Disclaimer.
MLian’s passion for writing is to help you understand that ‘All That Glitters Is Not Gold’. Her mission is to show you Practical and Actionable Ways To Earn Money online and offline to save your time and money – that you won’t get “SCAMMED” into buying something that promises Big but really doesn’t profit anyone except the owners.