What Is Freelancing?
Freelancing is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to any employer long-term.
In other words, a Freelancer is a person who pursues an occupation without a long-term commitment to any particular employer.
Who Can Do Freelancing?
Anyone can be a freelancer. Freelancers can do many things such as design, marketing, writing, editing, proofreading, consultancy, virtual admin, and so on.
If you know how to do such things and don’t want to work under a boss or any person then you can be a Freelancer.
Most Popular Freelancing Sites
You can increase your price when you get more reviews and deliver more quality products to your clients.
Don’t overprice your value, nor under-price your services. For more, visit Fiverr here.
It also has entry-level projects, short-term projects, and longer-term projects. For more, visit Upwork here.
Like any other marketplace, you need good reviews so that you can land more clients. For more, go to Freelancer.com.
In this, freelancers can list what they offer and clients can order the same. The site offers all-around freelancers and outsourcing with categories like Audio, Video, Web Design and Development, Sales and Marketing, Software Development, Writing, Translation, Social Media, Support. For more, go to PeoplePerHour.
Since it is a smaller marketplace, it makes it less price competitive.
Guru also provides a Work Room feature which makes it easy to manage all the jobs. For more, go to Guru.
iWriter is one of the biggest marketplaces specifically for writers. You can choose from the tons of writing offers available from the site.
It is one of the best places for writers. For more go to iWriter.
99Designs is more like a contest-based marketplace for logos, web, and graphic designs where clients provide a brief description of the designs needed and designers, in turn, submit their design entries.
The clients will receive tons of designs to choose from. For more, go to 99Designs.
You can create your profile and start pitching your expertise right away without any fee! For more, go to Hubstaff.
It is a less competitive marketplace so you can get higher pay for your work. For more, go to DesignHill.
How Do You Earn As A Freelancer?
How you earn depends on how much you are able to leverage your expertise with clients you served and the number of good reviews they gave you.
In the beginning, you can charge a lower rate, as you have more and more satisfied customers, you can gradually increase your price for the work you did.
In fact. pricing won’t be an issue if you deliver high-value products. You can earn a good amount of money in the long run!
Advantages of Freelancing
- Better work-life balance.
- Freedom to choose clients and projects.
- Freedom to work anywhere and anytime.
- Opportunity to earn more.
- A chance to experiment with your skill.
Disadvantages of Freelancing
- Variable workload and income.
- Need to provide round-the-clock coverage for delivering work.
- No benefits or perks enjoyed by an employee.
- Isolation from other people.
- Need for a backup plan in case you are not able to work due to sickness or any reason.
How To Get Started As A Freelancer
- Set Defined Goals: You need to have defined goals for why you wanted to be a freelancer. The more clearer your goals are, the more successful you will become.
- Choose a Profitable Niche: Choose a niche that you have an interest in and strive to become the best in that niche. Once you developed your skills, you can confidently charge a premium price. Compete on value, not on price.
- Identify Your Target Clients: Narrowing on your target clients will help you to achieve much better results in the long run. And make your target clients happy and successful that they will write good remarks and refer you to others too.
- Set a Price For Your Services: Price yourself based on the value you deliver rather than what your competitors might be charging!
- Build a High-Quality Portfolio: There is no better way to sell your services than having a high-quality portfolio that includes your specialty, examples of your sample work, personality, education, relevant skills. accomplishments, testimonials.
- Learn How To Pitch Yourself: If you want to start a freelancing business, you need to be able to show your skills to your clients. Learn how to pitch emails that provide value and lean on your relevant work samples and projects you have done to demonstrate your expertise.
Conclusion On How To Earn Money Freelancing
Freelancing provides a great opportunity to earn extra income once you master how it works.
This is not actually passive but if you have large demands on projects you are good at, you can outsource them and earn a good amount of money with time. All you have to do is flipping.
Here is how – You advertise for a project, take orders, and outsource it to someone else at a lower price. And you keep the profit!
The secret to success as a freelancer is to give high-quality value and competing on value rather than competing with the price for the services you have provided.
Don’t charge far above your value, but don’t undervalue what you are doing for your clients.
The Bottom Line Is – If you deliver value and make your clients happy, they will become your sales force.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. For more info, please read my Affiliate Disclaimer.
Did You Find This Guide Helpful?
Sharing Is Caring! Show Your Care By Sharing This Post With Your Friends.
Also Sharing Your Views Or Experiences In The Comment Section Below Would Be Highly Appreciated!
MLian’s passion for writing is to help you understand that ‘All That Glitters Is Not Gold’. Her mission is to show you Practical and Actionable Ways To Earn Money online and offline to save your time and money – that you won’t get “SCAMMED” into buying something that promises Big but really doesn’t profit anyone except the owners.