Some Facts About YouTube
- There are more than 1.8 Billion YouTubers in the world.
- There are more than 300 hours of videos uploaded every minute in YouTube
- Around 5 millions videos are watched all over the world in YouTube everyday.
- A studies shows that by 2020, 80% of the global internet traffic will be from YouTube videos alone!
Who Is YouTube Videos For?
Anyone, yes literally anyone can start a YouTube channel!
But, the question is whether you want to use YouTube to create authority, influence and profits in the marketplace.
You don’t make money on YouTube, but you make money From it.
People are seeking for human connection and experience. You get followers by being yourself.
If you like being on camera or like making videos, then you can try out making YouTube videos.
How To Make YouTube Videos
Let’s talk about how you can create a YouTube channel that can give you passive income:
1. Decide On The Type Of Channel Or Account You Want To Create
There are many options you can choose from for your channel – reviews, tutorials, commentary, gaming, vlogging, art, mostly the ‘How tos’ videos work well.
You can create content based on business and finance, health and fitness, relationships as these are the evergreen contents which won’t get outdated and they will be relevant in the years to come. It will also give you passive income down the road.
Whatever Videos You Are Creating, Your Videos Should Fall Under Either One Or Both Of These Two Categories-
1. Does it make people laugh or entertain them?
2. Does it give value or information to my audience?
If your videos does not fall into either one of these questions, then it’s of no good. So, you must base your videos on either one of these or both!
2. Recreating YouTube Videos
What if you don’t really want to create your own videos and reuse other videos which are available?
Not a problem if you are aware of the ‘Youtube’s Policy on Fair Use’. You can recreate them. All you have to do is to download videos from the Creative Commons of the YouTube itself. These videos can be reused for training or educational purposes.
You check out here or just log into your YouTube account and type ‘Creative Commons videos’ in the search bar.
Click on the ‘Filter’ and you will find ‘Creative Commons’ under the Features. You will find many videos there.
Another site where you can download Free videos without Copyrights is Keepvid.com
How To Download YouTube Videos
Few years back, it was easy to download YouTube videos using YouTube Downloader app. However, it’s not the same case now.
I will tell you three ways in which you can download any YouTube videos.
#1 Way To Download YouTube Videos
- Open the YouTube video you want to download.
- Add the letters ‘pwn’ between www.youtube as shown in the image in the URL of the videos you want to download. That is – after www. and before youtube.
- Press enter and you will find options to download your videos.
#2 Way To Download YouTube Videos
- Open the YouTube video you want to download.
- Add the letters ‘ss’ after www. and before youtube.
- Press Enter and download your videos according to the format of your choice.
#3 Way To Download YouTube Videos
- Open the YouTube video you want to download.
- Remove the word ‘ube’ only from the URL.
- Press Enter and you will find options to download your videos.
However, I would advise you to create your own videos. It doesn’t need to show your face either if you don’t want to!
You can create your intros and outros. These softwares are easy to use but have their own limitations. If you are good in using Adobe, then these softwares weren’t nothing compare to it.
However, the ease of use without very over-crowded options and functions, you will be good using either Filmora or Bandicam. If you want to do a little editing on the screen ratio, background or so, with Adobe, it’s like you need not do it for every slide. But with Filmora, you need to kind of manually select on each slide.
I would recommend you this course YouTube Secrets Revealed if you seriously want to start YouTube videos and grow your business in lesser time.
3. Do Proper Keyword Research For Your Video Title
4. Create Good Graphics And Art
- A good thumbnail is a must have because that is the first thing which will make people pick your videos over others. Try to make high quality videos.
- Create an icon and your own logo so that your channel or channels will have professional looks.
- You can use a platform like Canva, Logomakr, or can order it for as low as $5 at Fiverr.
- YouTube rewards good content, the longer people watch your videos, the better.
- Remember that: Your content should focus on quality and giving value to your audience.
5. Create A Plan And Uploading Schedule
- You must plan a head on what type of video content you are going to make.
- How long will your videos be (duration).
- Create social media profiles and promote your videos after you upload them.
- How often should you be uploading videos, once in a week, daily, etc.
- Upload your videos at the same time each day so that people can anticipate when you will be uploading it in the future. Preferably uploading in the late afternoon time might help to increase your traffic rather than uploading it late at night or early morning due to the obvious reasons that most people will sleep at night or won’t have time in the morning hours.
- Reply to queries or comments you’ve got about your videos on your channel. Interacting with your audience is good for SEO.
6. Implement Good SEO
Even though it might be easier to rank in YouTube, you must implement good SEO.
- The TAGS are very important. YouTube tags are plural sensitive, so you must put as much tags as possible which is relevant to your videos.
- For example : If your video is about video games, your tags should include, ‘video game’ as well as ‘video games’.
- Your Description should contain at least 3 keywords related to your video content. Don’t repeat the same word again but use a synonym word and don’t over do it.
Advantages Of Making YouTube Videos
- You don’t need any specific qualification.
- Videos can be made from an iPhone or any good quality camera phones.
- You don’t need an office or company to make YouTube videos.
- You don’t need millions of views to start earning money.
- Anyone can upload or post videos from anywhere in the world.
- It does not require any upfront investment to start.
- Your uploaded videos can earn you passive income months after months or years (if it contains valuable content).
- You have huge potential for earning.
- You can make videos on anything… yes, anything and on everything you ever want or passionate about.
- You are your own boss, you work anytime you like.
Disadvantages Of Making YouTube Videos
- Making a good YouTube video needs time, dedication, consistency, patience and even take years before you start earning from it.
- It is very competitive, you need to do your research and good planning.
- You need to create videos with good content which stick out from the crowd so that people will watch your videos.
- A little basic knowledge about videography is needed.
- You need to pay attention to marketing skill, SEO, rankings, thumbnails, etc for monitizing your videos.
- Occasionally, some random videos shot on phones do get viral, but that is not the case for YouTubers most of the time.
How To Monetise Your YouTube Videos
Once you start getting traffic, there are different ways in which you can monitize your videos.
1. Google Adsense : You need to have a Google Ads account to be able to use this. And you need to have lots of views to rely on this ads.
Depending on your channel rankings, number of views, the type of videos you upload, Google will place ads on your videos and based on the click on those ads, you will get a small commission.
2. Affiliate Marketing : You must be familiar with reviews and tutorials where the youtubers says, “You can click on the link in the description below”. These are their affiliate links to the products they review or give tutorials on.
You can get your own link by signing up with marketplace like clickbank, commission junction. You will get your personalized links and put those links on your description. Whenever, someone click the link and buy a product, you will get a commission. This is the most common methods used by affiliate marketers.
3. Sell Products : You can create any informational course like educational training, DIY (Do It Yourself), music classes, cooking, etc or your own products and creations that people would love.
4. Consulting : If you have an expertise on business or startups, you can sell your services for 1 on 1 consulting. You don’t need many viewers to earn money, all you need is a handful of clients who are willing to pay you for your services.
5. Brand Sponsorship : If you have good following and viewers, some brands are willing to pay you money to mention them in your channel or place their product somewhere in your videos.
You can make way more money with YouTube videos. Consider checking the YouTube Secrets Revealed which teach strategies on how you can optimize all these and get faster results. Also check out Wondershare Software / Filmora for creating your unique YouTube videos.
Conclusion On Making Your YouTube Vidoes
If willing to invest a good amount of time in researching what is on high demand in the marketplace and with consistency, patience, you definitely can make YouTube as a source of passive income for years to come.
One of the main reason being, once you made your own videos and uploaded them, they will stay in the web forever. You need not remake the same video again and again.
With time, your videos will gain momentum and you will start having more subscribers and your earning will also increase gradually.
All you need to do for your older videos is interact with your audience in the comments section and reply to their queries or comments to build trust and bonding.
Of course, success won’t come to you overnight, but if you continue uploading good quality content videos regularly, your hard work will pay off one day.
There are many YouTubers who earn massive amount of money from their YouTube channels. You can be the next one too. It entirely depends on You!
If you wait for the right time, it will never come. The right time is NOW!
So, take action on what you’ve just learned and move ahead to your goal!
Did You Find This Guide Helpful?
Sharing Is Caring! Show Your Care By Sharing This Post With Your Friends.
Also Sharing Your Views Or Experiences In The Comment Section Below Would Be Highly Appreciated!
MLian’s passion for writing is to help you understand that ‘All That Glitters Is Not Gold’. Her mission is to show you Practical and Actionable Ways To Earn Money online and offline to save your time and money – that you won’t get “SCAMMED” into buying something that promises Big but really doesn’t profit anyone except the owners.