HostGator web hosting provides one of the most affordable services you will find on the net and has more than 2 million users.
I will not bore you will all the details which you would have already found on the HostGator homepage itself.
However, I will only highlight the important factors which are used in choosing the right and suitable web hosting provider so that it will help you in deciding the perfect one for your awesome site!
HostGator Web Hosting Overview
HostGator was founded by Brent Oxley in a Florida dorm room and registered the domain on October 22, 2002. On July 13, 2012, HostGator was sold to Endurance International Group (EIG) for an aggregate purchase price of $299.8 million.
- Web Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- VPS Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Application Hosting
- Windows Hosting and
- Website Builder.
24X7 Live Chat
Shared, Cloud and VPS
Unmetered Bandwidth, Unlimited Storage, Free Domain In 1st Year, 1 Free Email Account.
One Site Free Transfer
Starts at $2.75/mo Renews at $6.95/mo
Houston, TX and Provo, UT
✔ Cheap And Affordable
✔ Good And Stable Uptime (99.99%)
✔ Good Customer Support
✔ 45 Days Money Back Guarantee
✔ Free Site Migration
x Unstable Load Time (1100 ms)
x Extra Fees
Pros Of Using HostGator Web Hosting
1. Reliable Uptime And PerformanceHostGator has a page loading time of about 1100 ms which is a bit slow with 99.98% uptime on average. Here are the Pingdom stats for HostGator Uptime and Speed for the last seven months.
Here is the breakdown of HostGator Web Hosting
- Shared hosting: Due to the affordable price, shared hosting is the best way to start a new website with low traffic. Your website shares resources with other websites hosted on that same server. As a result, it will be a little slower to load but ignorable.
- Cloud hosting: While a shared hosting account is limited to a single server, cloud hosting uses multiple servers. This plan is suitable if your website gets has a larger traffic volume.
- WordPress hosting: This is the shared hosting plan optimized for WordPress powered websites. It optimizes performance and protects your website from some common WordPress attacks.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server): Virtual Private Server allows you to manage your virtual resources on a cloud hosting platform. It is suitable for growing websites with frequent high traffic spikes.
- Dedicated server: With dedicated hosting, you will be getting your own server which solely hosts your website. It is much costlier and you also will have to maintain it by yourself.
Here Is The Breakdown of HostGator’s Shared Hosting Plans
Shared hosting plans are one of the best options for new websites and beginners. They allow you to easily set up your website. You can later upgrade your hosting as your website grows.
HostGator’s shared hosting plans come in three different levels. All plans include unlimited storage and bandwidth. The main difference is the number of websites you can host.
- Hatchling: The Hatchling plan allows you to host only one website. It includes a 1-click WordPress installer and comes with a standard set of features.
- Baby: The Baby plan allows you to host unlimited websites. It includes all the features of the Hatchling plan, and you can also use addons such as private SSL.
- Business: Suitable for small business websites. This plan includes a free SSL certificate and free dedicated IP which you will need to create an eCommerce website.
HostGator truly has all that you need to host top-notch websites with 24/7 customer support with multilingual support which many web hosting providers didn’t offer!
3. Good Customer Support
HostGator offers one of the best customer services in the industry. This includes 24/7 phone and lives chat support as well as ticket-based email support.
The support portal which you will find in your hosting dashboard helps you find quick answers from a knowledge base of 680+ articles and 500+ video tutorials.
Another worth-mentioning customer service that other hosting providers don’t have is that every HostGator account is fully guaranteed by the CEO, Adam Farrar. If you ever have a problem with the regular support, then you can ask your ticket to be assigned to Adam. He will actually respond personally to each ticket assigned to him.
4. Generous Money-Back Guarantee And Billing Periods
HostGator offers 45 days money-back guarantee. Normally, web hosting companies do not offer a money-back guarantee exceeding 30 days. That shows the quality of the service they provide. You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods. Longer billing periods will get you the most discount.
5. Free Site Migration
HostGator offers a free migration service with all new accounts. Their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra cost during the first 30 days of signing up. This is a big deal, as most hosting sites charge between $150 – $500 which also depends on the number of pages of your website.
The Cons Of Using HostGator Web Hosting
1. No Free Domain
Unlike many other hosting companies, HostGator does not offer a free domain registration upon signing up.
2. Unstable Load Time
Some unstable load time of HostGator has been noted a few times which doesn’t have much impact on smaller sites.
3. Extra Fees
HostGator has additional services pre-selected during the sign-up process which can become costlier if you are not aware of it. You have the option to uncheck them if you are not sure about it and can add them later when needed.
Conclusion On HostGator Web Hosting
Now that you gathered all the information you needed about, you must be wondering if HostGator is the right choice for you?
With more than 2 million customers, it’s obvious that the services provided by HostGator are top-notch. Moreover, there are always a few cons in every hosting provider.
If you are looking for one of the most value-for-money hosting providers that you can rely on upon the least technical skill required, then Bluehost might be the best choice.
And here is how you can get Bluehost at a 70% discount for $2.65/month with a free domain of your choice for the first year!
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. For more info, please read my Affiliate Disclaimer.
MLian’s passion for writing is to help you understand that ‘All That Glitters Is Not Gold’. Her mission is to show you Practical and Actionable Ways To Earn Money online and offline to save your time and money – that you won’t get “SCAMMED” into buying something that promises Big but really doesn’t profit anyone except the owners.