Over the years, Bluehost has considerably improved its services. Uptime and load time is fast enough. No doubt, Bluehost offers one of the cheapest and most affordable shared hostings.
With just $2.75/mo, it offers 24×7 live chat customer care, unmetered bandwidth, 5 email accounts, improved security, backups, free SSL certificate, free domain for the first year to its new user.
Bluehost was started in 1996 and become one of the largest web hosting companies in the world, powering more than 2 million websites from all over the world.
Bluehost Web Hosing Overview
24X7 Live Chat
Shared, Cloud, VPS and Dedicated Servers
1 FREE Domain, Unmetered Bandwidth, Unlimited Storage, 5 Email Accounts.
Starts at $2.75/mo Renews at $8.99/mo
USA, UK, China, India.
Pros Of Using Bluehost Shared Hosting
1. Low Introductory Pricing ($2.75)
With the services it provided, the introductory hosting plans are quite affordable especially for those who get started out. When you directly check the homepage of Bluehost, you will see the pricing starts at 3.75/mo.
TIP: Here is the trick on how you can get it for $2.75 only without a coupon. I have tried three times and it worked, it should have worked for you too!
Click on the Get Started, then select the plan of your choice. Type in your new domain name and click the ‘Next’ button. Fill in your details. Then… Move your mouse/cursor to the Exit button but don’t click on it! And lo … your desired price of $2.75 will pop. Try it here!
You will get 50 GB SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and more.
2. Reliability & Performance
Bluehost powers a large number of websites with very minimum downtown and a remarkable speed. Have a look at the speed and uptime performance of Bluehost by Pingdom.
From the above table itself, you can see the reliability and performance of Bluehost as one of the best hosting providers. In fact, Bluehost is one of the official recommended hosting provider by WordPress.org
3. Good Security
Bluehost provides good security options by default, including the free SSL certificate for each plan. All plans also include a domain privacy feature that keeps your personal information you used to sign up for a domain private.
This prevents hackers from finding and using these personal details for phishing schemes to trick you or others into handing over sensitive information.
And SiteLock which is included in the plan will help prevent malware attacks. CodeGuard is another form for protection, which also provides daily backups so you can roll back previous versions of your site if you need it in any case.
4. Easy Integrations With Apps And eCommerce Tools
Bluehost provides access to a number of different apps and integrations. You can install WordPress with a single click (One of the features I love Bluehost for).
You can also install other popular content management systems (CMS) like Drupal, Joomla, run an e-commerce shop, and more.
Bluehost includes access to a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which hosts your images and large files aside from your server so that your site loads faster.
5. Easy to Use
Bluehost has one of the easiest and user-friendly interfaces with a one-click WordPress installation which surprises me!
It also has features for advanced users, however, even a complete beginner won’t get lost in starting a new WordPress site too.
You also have the option to use the Bluehost website builder tool like Drupal. You can easily customize your site by the drag-and-drop feature templates.
6. 24×7 Chat Support
One of the important services to look out for in any service provider is Customer Support. You need an instant or at least a faster support for any help you need. Bluehost has now provided 24×7 chat support for which you can reach out to them for any guidance.
7. 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee
This means you can literally try their hosting service for free because if you are not satisfied, you can ask for a refund within 30 days of your purchase. According to their terms, here’s what does and doesn’t fall under that guarantee:
- You can only get refunds on the web hosting cost, not any other products like domains or other add-ons.
- A $15.99 fee will be deducted if you received a free domain name in your plan.
- Any requests after 30 days will not be refunded.
Cons Of Using Bluehost Shared Hosting
You will find that there will be always at least one or two set-backs in all service providers. While some can be ignorable, some are a little worth mentioning.
Here are four main cons of using Bluehost:
- Higher renewal price
- Website migration/transfer is not free.
- Hidden Fee
- No Free Email Account
1. High Renewal Price
This is prevalent in hosting companies. Mostly, all hosting companies charge a much higher price when you renew. Bluehost is also one of them.
Even though you will be able to get the hosting price for as low as $2.75/month only, your renewal rate will start at $8.99/month for a 12 months period.
If you choose the longer billing period rather than the 12 months period, there is a slight discount on it.
However, as you see I must say there is not much difference in it. As a matter of fact, you can opt for the 12 months period if it suits you better.
Renewal Prices of Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
2. Website Transfer Not Free
This might be a concern for you if you are not sure or satisfied with the services provided by Bluehost.
In case you want to transfer your website, you have to shell out another $30 for it. That is quite a charge, isn’t it?
3. Hidden Fee
Bluehost might not disclose it, however, it has some hidden fee like in case you failed to renew your plan, you will be charged $30 for reactivating your account before you renew your plans.
While hosting providers like SiteGround charge you nothing. So, make sure you renew your plan before it expires.
4. No Free Email Account
For many, this might not be a thing to border about, but for some it sure is! Currently, Bluehost does not offer a Free email account along with the hosting plans.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans including shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server, cloud hosting, WooCommerce hosting, WordPress hosting, and much more.
Let’s have a look at Bluehost hosting plans and features it offered.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is the perfect and most common way to start a new website having low traffic volume. Your website shares server resources with other websites.
- Cloud hosting: It allows you to utilize multiple cloud servers that allow your website to automatically switch to a different server in case of a hardware failure or high traffic volume.
- WordPress hosting: A hosting package designed specifically for WordPress powered websites. It is optimized to run WordPress and can even protect your WordPress site against common threats.
- WooCommerce hosting: WooCommerce hosting offers you all the essential features to start your eCommerce store. It is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress which allows you to easily start an online store with WordPress.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: An upgrade to shared WordPress hosting, VPS hosting allows you to virtual dedicated resources in a shared environment.
- Dedicated server hosting: A dedicated server for your website, means you will have all the resources of the server to yourself. The downside is that you will have to manage the server on your own.
Breakdown On Bluehost Shared Hosting Plans
- Basic: The basic plan only allows you to host one website. It hosts one domain and 25 subdomains, 50GB storage, 5 email accounts of 100 MB storage for each account. For the first term, you’ll pay $2.95 per month. When you renew the account, you’ll have to pay $7.99 per month.
- Plus: The Plus plan includes unlimited websites with unlimited web space and bandwidth. You’ll also get unlimited email accounts. The price for the first term starts from $5.45 per month. When you renew the account, you’ll have to pay $10.99 per month.
- Prime: The Prime plan includes all features of the Plus plan. You will also get domain privacy and site backup Pro as extras which are worth over $80/year. Prime also has the same first term price as Plus, $5.45 per month. When renewing, you’ll have to pay $14.99 per month.
To sum up, you won’t find the ‘Perfect’ product which has everything in it. Even if you find it, you might end up paying a huge amount of money. And the cons we discussed can be avoided or at least overlooked for the price Bluehost offers!
Powering more than 2 million websites worldwide, Bluehost is one of the trusted hosting providers which you can surely consider!
Visit the Official Bluehost site here to get started!
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. For more info, please read my Affiliate Disclaimer.
Did You Find This Guide Helpful?
Sharing Is Caring! Show Your Care By Sharing This Post With Your Friends.
Also Sharing Your Views Or Experiences In The Comment Section Below Would Be Highly Appreciated!
MLian’s passion for writing is to help you understand that ‘All That Glitters Is Not Gold’. Her mission is to show you Practical and Actionable Ways To Earn Money online and offline to save your time and money – that you won’t get “SCAMMED” into buying something that promises Big but really doesn’t profit anyone except the owners.